Start the school year with a fun and stimulating smorgasbord of back to school songs for preschoolers that address a wide variety of school readiness skills.
These Songs Address A Variety of Subjects
Use the teaching power of interactive music and movement to prime students excitement for many of the areas of knowledge that they will be exploring throughout the school year. These back to school songs for preschoolers provide teachers with an opportunity to introduce their students to number concepts and operations. Students will demonstrate dance and movement concepts, knowledge of the alphabet, and phonemic awareness. The children will compare and measure quantities and explore musical concepts and expression.
Music Significantly Enhances Children’s Ability to Learn Prewriting and Print Concepts
How can something that is so natural, engaging and fun be so good for us at the same time? Because every person has a natural attraction and affinity for music from the time that they are born to the end of their lives. At no point in our lives is this more true than when we are in early childhood. Music has a way of penetrating into our consciousness and embedding learning and information on a basic level. Early childhood music education is a tool that every teacher can and should be using to benefit their students development.
Study: Developing Literacy Skills Through Music and Movement
Aspects of development addressed in this module:
- Self Regulation
- Attention Maintenance
- Purposeful Movement
- Engagement and Persistence
- Shared Use of Space and Materials
- Relationships and Social Interactions with Adults and Peers
- Cooperation with Adults and Peers
- Spacial Relationships
- Language and Literacy Development
- Social Emotional Development
- English Language Development
- Gross Motor Manipulative Skills
- Gross Locomotor Movement Skills
- Fine Motor Manipulative Skills
- Performing Arts: Music, Drama/Dance